The safeguarding of all children is paramount this includes the safe use of ICT and internet E-Safety.
Pupil Guidelines for Safe Internet and Email Use
- I will only use the Internet when there is a teacher present.
- I will always ask for permission before accessing the Internet.
- I will only use my own usernames and passwords to log on to the system and keep them secret
- I will not access other people's files.
- I will only email people I know, or my teacher has approved and ensure that the messages that I send will be polite and responsible.
- I understand that the use of strong language, swearing or aggressive behaviour is not allowed when using the Internet etc.
- I will not give personal details (like my home address, telephone or mobile number), or the personal details of any other person to anyone, or arrange to meet someone unless my parent/carer or teacher has given me permission.
- I will only download, use or upload material when I have been given the owner's permission.
- I will only view, download, store or upload material that is lawful, and appropriate for other users. If I am not sure about this, or come across any potentially offensive materials, I will inform my class teacher straight away.
- I will avoid any acts of vandalism. This includes, but is not limited to, uploading or creating computer viruses and mischievously deleting or altering data from its place of storage.
- I will use the Internet for research and school purposes only.
- I will not bring in memory sticks or CD Roms from home to use in school unless I have been given permission by my class teacher.
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and may monitor the Internet sites that I visit.
- I understand that if I don't follow these rules, my access to the school computer system may be suspended, and my parents/carers will be informed.
We talk to the children frequently about keeping themselves safe when using the internet. We know that children have an increasing access to digital and social media. You may find the following links helpful: